Tuesday, April 18, 2017

You could be a violin for making music or being a doorstop

One month ago, I had dinner with one former college neighbor, Meredith, a lovely Aussie girl, who is teaching Spanish at Uni.

But that didn’t surprise me until now I am starting English writing, and then I asked her if she had published any Spanish Articles. “Yes.” She said:"Ihad some academic ones.” I was really admired her. Especially when I realized that she’s having a position in teaching Spanish after completing her Doctor’s Degree major in Spanish which was not that easy for an Aussie as there are so many native Spanish speakers in Australia.

I was very curious: “How many years you have learnt Spanish?” “Around 10 years.” “Wow, you awesome.” Just think about I have been studying English for so many years, replica oakley sunglasses, I haven’t published any articles. That got my attention, I continued the topic: “How would you think about learn Spanish, that’s very rare in Australia.” “I just love it, I love Spanish people, I enjoy talking with them, you know, my mathematics was horrible.”

“Have you worried about finding a job in the future the time you started learning Spanish.” “No, not really” “I just find it really fun, that’s all.”

“Cool, you are a lucky one as you are doing a job you love.” “Yes, I think so. I love making friends with students, I love reading their writing, which was really funny, that fascinated me when they made mistakes.” “Wow, I wish I could be like you.”

I got a clue that she didn’t study mathematics kind of subjects she hates; she chose the one she’s passionate about. I knew every year, she would travelling in Spanish Countries with the money she earned from doing part time job, but she’s not that rich type person, she's sharing a house with someone else, she had never spent money buying luxury stuff, even she spent little money on her clothes. I recon she’s such a friendly and easy-going person, she used to making great effort in talking Spain with people in Australia. She’s the happiest girl I’ve met so far, she’s spending every single minute doing the things she loves.

Just think about in China, most students have been learning English for more than 10 years, mainly, they are struggling in passing the exams. Even in Australia, most Chinese stay with friends who communicate with Chinese every day. Not many people are really cared about English. They learn English just for a task, once got a degree, that’s over, which included me; I just began English writing 2 months ago.

We really should ask why we do things before we getting started, if it is only for a degree (Master’s or Doctor’s) just for show off or finding a position we don’t enjoy, that would be waste of time, not worth it. Because if we don’t like it from inner heart, it won’t last long, we will return all of them to the teacher in the end.

Sometimes a degree does not really matters for being who you are. I have talked about TSF organizer in my previous blogs, nfl jerseys cheap, a very handsome guy, Jai before. In fact, I am more interested in how he’s getting his business started.

He was born in Australia a poor family with first generation his parents immigrating from Philippine. Therefore, no one really cared about his study. As a result, he was not lucky enough to be high-educated. His parents used to put him with his sisters to learn dance, it’s not for his talent, just because his parents wanna get rid of him for a while, so that they could have spare time do their own things.

Every day when he finished work at call centre, he would go together with other 3 friends dancing outside which was very close to Melbourne city. With the salsa music turning on, he enjoyed dance so much as there’s no body watching. Gradually, there were 1 people added in, then 2, 3, 4, 20 and 30... In the end, there’s no space for them dance outside at all.

Wow, how could it be so popular? He was really excited, then his talent developed by starting his own business, renting a dance hall, he taught 1 hour free lesson for the beginners, and charged very little money for 1.5. Once when students moved to level 2, the fee will be a little bit increase, but it’s affordable. Mainly, it’s for fun, and encouraged more people get involved.

Now his TSF salsa foundation is becoming very popular in Melbourne, most Uni Students and Office professionals in CBD would like join him after work. It has bought huge benefits to the society. He has been interviewed for making movies sometimes, he’s getting famous.

He’s doing his business with his heart, he’s such a people person, as he was born poor, he knows how to treat others like friends with smiling face all the time, generous, warm-hearted by organizing donation to the poor people, having birth parties, cheap hats, Christmas theme parties for people who have no family around.. Sure thing, his business being so successful, and he can afford to buy a really nice car and a house in good area, and he had holiday in Hawaii just a month ago, even people who got a Uni degree couldn’t compete with him, he’s a typical guy who’s sought after by the most young, pretty girls from the Uni.

I can tell that he’s living in a fantasy world with so much satisfaction; he said he was so lucky to live in a life he never thought about, it was not even in his dream.

That’s the dream life everyone’s pursuing, being successful, it’s not only about a job which you can earn money, but consume your heart. It’s a work even you don’t get paid, you still enjoy doing.

These two are special cases, in real life, the majorities are not that get involved in their jobs, they are easily getting bored for doing a repetitive job day in and day out, they could be count down for how many hours left so that they can finish work being home early. They are lazy, they are being rude because they are not get motivated from the job, they complain, they gossip, they buy lottery for the expectation of winning a big money, so that one day they don’t have to attend work.

Therefore making music or being doorstops, it’s all up to you, it doesn't matter where you live, and it all depends on your mind. If you wanna a fulfilled life, then start doing which fits you most, then one day, you might be 1 of them, and I wish I could be like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment